See our activities in recent years
Ma Sharda School of Music was founded in Nairobi, Kenya for the propagation of cultural values through Music, to organize cultural events and donate proceeds to deserving Charitable Institutions for providing health care facilities and subsistence to the poor and education for orphans and to uplift the less fortunate people in society. Ma Sharda School of Music was founded by Mr. Udayan Mukherjee, an engineering consultant based in Nairobi, and his wife Rajasree Mukherjee.
- Saraswati Puja program, Kolkata
- Mother’s prayers at Sri Aurobindo Bhavan, Pondicherry.
- Musical performance at Gita Jayanti in Kolkata.
- Music Therapy consultations
- Darshan Day musical program at Sri Aurobindo Bhavan, Kolkata.
- Performed at Sri Aurobindo Society Pondicherry.
- Delivered a lecture along with a musical performance at The Arya Mahila P G College in Banaras on the occasion of International Language Day.
- Honored by Banaras Hindu University as a Resource Person on Music Therapy and delivered a presentation based on my paper titled “Music can penetrate human consciousness and create harmony” in The International Seminar on Current Trends in Music therapy Practices - methodology, techniques and implementations.
- Musical performance at Banaras Hindu University.
- A musical evening in Addis Ababa.
- Musical performance for Abha Mission in Triguna Sen Auditorium, Kolkata.
- Musical program at Triangular Park, Kolkata.
- Musical recital at the Gita Jayanti celebrations in Kolkata.
- ‘AGOMONI’ a musical presentation in Kolkata to usher in Durga Puja Celebrations.
- Independence Day songs by the students at the Indian Embassy in Addis Ababa.
- Musical performance at Tagore Lodge , Kushtia, Bangladesh.
- Musical performance in Kuthibari Shilaidaha, to flag off Rabindranath Tagore’s 150th Birth Anniversary Celebrations.
- Interview by Bangladesh News Channel DIGANTA at Kuthibari, the ancestral home of Rabindranath Tagore in Shilaidaha, Bangladesh.
- MUSIC LESSONS & MUSIC THERAPY SESSIONS CONTINUED IN ADDIS ABABA
- Performed and coordinated musical program at the Holi Mela, in Addis Ababa.
- Organized variety Music program for Indian Women's association.
- Performed with Indian Embassy and Indian Women's Association ladies at the 60th Republic Day celebration at the Indian Embassy in Addis Ababa
- Rajasree Mukherjee performed in Kolkata, India at the 40th Anniversary celebration of Debananda Saraswati Maharaj's Gita Jayanti celebration.
- Ma Sharda students perform at the Indian Embassy to mark Indian Independence Day.
- Performing at Sheraton Hotel in Addis Ababa for Farewell of Ambassador Gurjit Singh, in the presence of Finance, Cultural, Foreign Affairs and various other ministers of the Ethiopian Cabinet and other leading dignitaries of Ethiopia.
- Rajasree Mukherjee seen with Ethiopian President H.E. Mr. Girma Wolde Giorgis at the foundation stone laying ceremony of an Eye Care Unit in Addis Ababa.
- Rajasree Mukherjee accompanied by a few of her students performs in the Farewell Function organized for Indian Ambassador H.E. Mr. Gurjit Singh at the Indian Embassy.
- Ma Sharda establishes music classes in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Rajasree is nominated for the 6th Annual Asian Heritage Awards in the category of "Visual Arts & Literature".
- Rajasree's recording for Sri Aurobindo Ashram (Nairobi Center) is released in Puducherry (Pondicherry). The CD is a music tribute to THE MOTHER.
- Indian Ambassador celebrates the Festival of Colors (Holi) with Musical Recital by Rajasree.
- Indian Ambassador hosts a Musical Evening at his residence in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for Rajasree.
- Rajasree performs and conducts for the Republic Day celebration at the Indian Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- "Chakra Therapy", "Divine Meditation", "Vedic Meditation" and "Ishana" are officially released in the United Sates by Shubhayan Entertainment.
- "Ishana" and "Shurer Dhara" are officially released in India by Ananyo Music for the Durga Puja Festival. "Vedic Meditation" is also released in India for Navratri Festival. The Indian version is released as "Supreme Divine Mantras" by NA Classical.
- Musical Offering of Vedic Chants and Songs performed and conducted by Rajasree in Kolkata, India.
- Rajasree records an album for Sri Aurobindo Ashram (Nairobi Center). The CD is a music tribute to THE MOTHER.
- Rajasree records the 3rd CD in her new music therapy line - "Vedic Meditation" in Kolkata, India.
- Shromona records her Debut Solo Album "Ishana". This album also features her superhit music video for the song "Chale Chale".
- Rajasree records the 2nd CD in her new music therapy line - "Divine Meditation" in Kolkata, India.
- Rajasree records the 1st CD in her new music therapy line - "Chakra Therapy" in Kolkata, India.
January - December
- Rajasree conducts workshops, seminars & classes in music therapy, meditation and relaxation in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
- Rajasree conducts the Republic Day Musical Presentation at the Indian Embassary in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
January - December
- Rajasree conducts workshops, seminars & classes in music therapy, meditation and relaxation in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- "Shuvam" is officially released in the United States by Shubhayan Entertainment.
- Rajasree perform for the Diwali program in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- "Vandana" is officially released in the United States.
- Rajasree, Shromona and group perform at the Annual Prize Giving ceremony of Bangla Sishu Shahitya Parishad, Kolkata, India
- The meditation CD "Shuvam" is recorded. "Moksha" is officially released in the United Sates by Shubhayan Entertainment.
- Rajasree Mukherjee and Shromona Mukherjee record "Pyara Bharat" for Independence Day of India. "Man Mandir" & "Shurer Dhara" are officially released in the United States by Shubhayan Entertainment.
- Rajasree Mukherjee records "Moksha" meditation music.
- Rajasree performs for the Republic Day celebration for the Indian Embassy in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
- Rajasree performs in Diamond Jubilee for the reception of the President of India; Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.
- Students of Ma Sharda School of Music perform in Daressalaam for various shows on three consecutive days.
- Annual prize distribution for Pracheen Kala Kendra examinations in Parklands, Nairobi.
- Performed devotional songs in Sri Aurobindo Bhavan, Nairobi.
- Rajasree performs bhajan sandhya program hosted by Shree Sanatan Dharma Sabha Daressalaam.
- Masharda students again sweep large number of prizes in Oshwal Music competition.
- Masharda students win prizes in classical vocal in Kenya music Festival.
- Pracheen Kala Kendra Examination. Theory and Practical.
- Birth Anniversary of Sri Aurobindo and Celebration of Indian Independance Day Program.
- Inaugural program of Sri Aurobindo Bhavan in Nairobi.
- Radio program on the Birth anniversary of The Mother.
- Shromona Mukherjee of Ma Sharda tops Sangeet Visharad Music exams in India among 1 million students.
- Ritu Ranga program on Rabindra sangeet on seasons.
- Bhakti Geeti and Annual Prize distribution of Pracheen Kala Kendra.
February - October
- Monthly Radio program on the occasion of the 125th Birth anniversary of the Mother on East FM 106 Radio network.
- Award for outstanding contribution for the spread of Indian Culture & Music to Rajasree by the Indian High Commision.
- Ma Sharda students sweep large number of prizes in the Oshwal Music Competition.
- Government of India Grant awarded for the third time to Ma Sharda for promotion of Indian Culture.
- Rajasree lectures on Music Therapy at Rotary Club.
July 21 & 22
- Annual Shows Naye Nagme and Sunheri Yaaden at National Theatre.
- Pracheen Kala Kendra Examinations | Practical
- Pracheen Kala Kendra Examinations | Theory
- Nehru Jayanti programme.
- Participation in a musical play "Mahishasur Mardini" for the Durga Puja celebration.
- Participation in the Oshwal Music Competition.
- Participation in the Kenya Music Festival.
- Rabindra Jayanti programme "Hey Nuton" organized at the Indian High Commission Auditorium. The programme highlighted Tagore's compositions taken from his Geetinatya, Nrityanatya & Kavyanatya.
- Rajasree gives a talk on Indian Music organized for FEMINA- A Women's Organization.
- Rajasree speaks for a second time on Rabindranath Tagore on Metro East FM radio. This time on Tagore's music.
- Music, dance & human puppet show organized for the Bangladesh High Commission.
- Rajasree gives a talk & demonstration organized by Sri Aurobindo Society, Nairobi titled "Music - essentially a spiritual art" & "Music Therapy".
- Practical examination conducted by visiting examiners from Pracheen Kala Kendra.
- Prize distribution & program in Indian Classical Music.
- Pracheen Kala Kendra Theory examinations.
- Performed patriotic songs at Republic Day function organized by Indian high Commission.
- Talk on Rabindranath Tagore – as a Painter & broadcast on Metro East FM Radio Network.
- Performed in the Diwali function organized by Indian Citizens Welfare Association.
- Nehru Jayanti organized at the Indian High Commission Auditorium.
- Presented a Talk Show' on Indian music broadcast by local radio station Metro East FM.
- Participated in the Gandhi Jayanti programme organized by Indian High Commission and Kenya India Friendship Association.
- Organized three stage programmes in Indian Classical & traditional/folk to raise charity for Nairobi Hospice for care of cancer patients.
- Students of Masharda performed in the Kenya Music Festival. They won several awards in the Oriental Music categories.
- Rabindra Sangeet programme to celebrate Rabindra Jayanti at Indian High Commission Auditorium.
- Organized programmes and broadcasts on Indian classical and light music for the Bangladesh High Commission on the occasion of Bengali New Year.
- Organized programmes and broadcasts on Indian classical and light music with local artists.
- Pracheen Kala Kendra practical examinations conducted by visiting examiners from India.
- Performance by Malashree Prasad, a reputed classical artiste from India and Rajasree Mukherjee of Ma Sharda School.
- Pracheen Kala Kendra theory examinations held at the Indian High Commission Auditorium.
- Programme of stavans to mark Oshwal Community Centenary celebrations.
- Nehru Jayanti programme at the Indian High Commission.
- Two musical programmes on Indian classical & Folk Music organized to raise charity for the Nairobi Hospice.
- Rabindra Jayanti function.
- India Bazaar cultural programmes to mark closure of Golden Jubilee celebrations of India's Independence.